Ocean Financial Centre - Platinum (2008)
Ocean Financial Centre (OFC) is the first office development in Singapore's CBD to be conferred the highest Platinum Green Mark Award.
OFC through its green features will see an overall energy savings of 35% or $1,817,000 annually.
OFC's Green Features
Innovative green technology and immense efforts have gone into developing OFC as a sustainable building.
- Use of glass with state-of-the-art low emissive coating to maximise light transmittance and transparency while minimising heat gain
- Eco-technology features including a roof photovoltaic system which consists of a 400 sqm solar panel array and an energy-efficient hybrid-chilled water system. Coupled with efficient lighting panels and air conditioning, the solar paneled array will save nine megawatt hours per year. This is enough to power a 50,000 sqm office space
- Eco-office switch to provide temperature and lighting control programme for tenants to reduce energy consumption during off-peak hours
- Lifts that utilise regenerative drive system to reduce energy consumption
- Efficient irrigation and landscaping choices, such as a rain water harvesting system for irrigation and a cooling tower system which uses recycled water, will help to save 42 million litres of water annually which fills 21 Olympic sized swimming pools
- An integrated paper recycling facility for offices to recycle paper waste, complete with a paper shredder for disposing confidential documents. This in-house chute concept will help to save more than 10,000 trees annually
- Beyond aesthetics, extensive vertical greening, in the form of a green wall with the roof top gardens increase the green plot ratio without consuming valuable office space while improving air quality
- Recycling efforts include use of materials such as plywood and timber from the torn down Ocean Building for use in the construction of the new building
- Several trees from the former Ocean Building have either been retained or transplanted while horticulture recycled waste is used for compost as well
- To further encourage tenants to take on green practices, there are plans to produce a "green book" listing to showcase the green features and eco-technology available at 0FC
Highest Platimum Green Mark Award for OFC affirms Keppel Land's commitment to world-class, subtainable developments.